Peers Respect A Student’s Confidentiality, Unless That Student
- is being harmed
- is harming someone else
- is threatening to harm himself/herself
- or there is a crime committed
The Objectives for a Peers 4 Peers member are:
- To be a good listener and support person for students with concerns.
- To be an informed referral source.
- To reach out to transfer students and freshmen as they adjust to your school.
- To be a positive, healthy role model for other students.
Who can become a Peers 4 Peers member? Peers 4 Peers is open to any student who:
- Will be in 10th, 11th or 12th grade next year
- Has a "C" or better GPA
- Can commit to 4 days of summer training
- Has a sincere desire to be a helping resource for other students
- Will commit to an alcohol and drug free lifestyle.
Peers are role models who:
- Live a alcohol, tobacco & drug free lifestyle
- Develop leadership & planning skills
- Attend trainings and seminars on issues important to youth
- Are a helping resource to others in their school
- Meet high school students from all six public high schools in the county
- Attend training & seminars on community resources